Saturday, September 6, 2008

ENGLAND!!!


I have now been in England for about 24 hours and it's great! The flight was good, but I didn't sleep much, so when I landed at Gatwick I was dragging. I made it safely to the Vines, which is the house I'm living in. I met my roommates: Kristin, Lindsey, and Danielle. We all get along well and have settled in nicely. Last night we had a mini orientation during which I met most of the people living in the house. I went to bed at seven in the evening, which, if you know me, is a world record! I also managed to get a full twelve hours of sleep and started today at eight in the morning--yet another record!

Today I decided to find my way to Wycliffe Hall, which is the place were I will be having class. I walked through the city center of Oxford and was completely blown away. The building are so old and beautiful! I wanted to stop at each one and explore, but I was on a mission so I restrained myself. Thankfully, I didn't get lost until I was making my way back, but a nice English lady set me on the right path. I walked through one of Oxford's parks and it was so green and lush. The weather was overcast and cool, but refreshing. Well, I'll let you know more when I get an adaptor and can plug my computer in; right now the battery is dying.

1 comment:

webfreeb said...

dropping by to say hello. I love your blog I will visit these sometimes.