Sunday, February 15, 2009

New City Fellowship

I guess confession is good for the soul. Last night, after writing that I wasn't planning on going to church, I started feeling really bad and decided to stay up late and do my laundry so I could have clean clothes for the Sabbath. I also decided to make blueberry muffins so I could eat them on the go the next morning. So I got up today at ten and started getting ready for church, and boy am I glad I did! New City is a very welcoming church, and no matter whether I sit with strangers or not I always feel like I am with the Body of Christ. Today was extra special because it was communion. Pastor Nabors spoke from Matthew 15:10-20, and emphasized our need to surrender our hearts to the power of the Holy Spirit to be cleansed and healed. It was a very worshipful service and as I left, I felt that it was truly good to be in the house of the Lord. Now, unfortunately, I need to buckle down and get some work done. I have a book review and lots of reading to do.

No comments: